Friday, March 02, 2007

nice day

E and I took a two hour walk today, with a lunch stop at Yum-Yum's. She ate a whole hot dog and bun. I shared a few crumbs from the candy bar I ate afterward. She's had peanut butter now, in very small amounts. That's the last potential food allergy danger I guess -- though allergies can apparently strike at any time. I gave her some of my peanut butter & pear butter sandwich this morning, and there were peanuts in the candy. It was a beautiful day. We both took a nap afterward. David has been working out back in his little workshop the last few days. It rained endlessly the last 2 days (before it ended) and our backyard is a big squishy mess. I should clean the carpet near the door, now that Emma has gone to bed, but I'd rather just go to bed myself!

Emma has made the animal sounds for cow, pig, duck, and bee. She'll follow some instructions if she feels like it. She'll point and whine at the refrigerator or the kitchen counter if she's thirsty or hungry, and she'll raise her arms if she's ready to get out of the high chair, crib, or bath (though it's quite rare in the latter). She astonished me recently by patting her chest and smiling at me when I said "Mommy". She did exactly the gesture I used to make when I was trying to tell her who I am - I was simply trying to say "this is me" by patting my own chest, up near the base of my throat. I guess she took it as a sign language sign. This was months ago, and I had stopped doing it, but she remembered!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home