Wednesday, April 02, 2008

more pics and update

More pictures from the farm trip. Victor loved the tractors and equipment. E just loves to drive.






First day in "preschool" (i.e. group daycare) went well. She didn't nap, but she rested. She told me, "Teacher gave me a snack!" When I asked what it was, I think she said "flowers". She played with puzzles and in the sand outside. During the few minutes I stayed in the morning, she went up to a girl sitting by herself and asked "Want to play puzzle with me?" I didn't have any idea that she knew how (or cared) to go up to someone and ask them to play! But this was completely spontaneous, out of the blue. The girl obviously wanted to be left alone so she didn't answer and E wasn't offended - in fact I don't think she waited for an answer. She also tried to give the girl a blue wooden bead she found. She tried to pry the girls fingers open and place it in her hand, without saying a word. The girl was stoic. When I explained the girl probably didn't want the bead, E gave up with no hard feelings.
Last night she seemed to be running through all the songs they had sung: Ring around the Rosies, Pat-a-Cake, Row Row Row Your Boat, and London Bridge (maybe - she said "Mommy sing don-don," and it wasn't Frere Jacques she wanted).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home