Sunday, June 29, 2008

a movie I need to make...

... is of E's version of jumprope: one person holds a string at each end and shakes it wildly up and down in front of the second person, who watches the string intently as she jumps up and down in place grinning like a madman. Both people can enhance the experience by shouting "gum-grope! gum-grope!" (i.e. "jumprope!").

The 48 hour film festival was a very interesting and exciting experience. Our team had 12 people I think (not stopping to count), and we all had somewhat designated roles. The director of the film was our team leader and he and his wife have done this for years, so they know the ropes. I was on the writing team, and I filled in as a "Grip" (carrier, holder, and mover of things) during the shoot. Grip jobs I had included setting up lights (learned a bit about those), loading and unloading stuff, turning a fan on and off, and running to offer a sweaty man credit in the movie if he would stop his weed-eater for ten minutes. I slept from about 6 - 9 am on Saturday, then 9:30 Sat night til 3:42 am Sunday (when I drove to the next town to pick up first-draft special effects from another team member), then again from about 5:30 til 11 am. All 30-some films premiered yesterday and awards are being given out tonight. I definitely want to do this again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home