Monday, July 07, 2008

monday

E keeps asking to go to the dentist and the beach. She has a dentist appointment this week, her second one ever. I hope she won't be scared again. She looks forward to getting to pick a toy from the treasure chest at the end of the visit. I don't know when we'll get to the beach.

Last night I took E to a Mexican restaurant because I was craving a quesadilla. I told her to expect a quesadilla (which she has never wanted to try before), trying to think of a way to explain it without putting her off. I said it's like a pancake, but with cheese in it. Her eyes lit up. She did try it, sort of, but spit it out before chewing anything, deciding that she didn't like the white cheese. Luckily it came with French fries. I tried her on some fancy chicken nuggets the other day that included broccoli and cheese ground up so small you couldn't see it. She put one in her mouth, didn't even bite into it, pulled it out and said, "What these things called?" She was puzzled when I said chicken nuggets. She asked, "What they taste like?" I was determined not to tell her about the broccoli so I just said "chicken" but acknowledged that they were different ones than usual and I just ate them myself. *sigh* I hope she grows out of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home