Monday, September 14, 2009

things to love about E

E hears new songs on the radio and assigns them a genre according to what movie they reminds her of. Classical = the Nutcracker or Swan Lake. Rock/blues = Shrek. Catchy kids' song = Mary Poppins. There's one or two others. I can't remember them, but there were a couple of really good examples where she was recognizing a similar beat or melody. Other times it's kind of a force-fit. She'll insist it's that same song.

She'll catch a phrase from a song and sing it back to the radio, sometimes butchering the lyrics. She calls all talking she hears on the radio "news" and wants me to make it stop. Sometimes she'll understand a word or phrase and say, "that man said 'gorilla'!" or whatever.

When I let her eat a snack while watching tv, she waits until the movie starts properly before digging in.

I totally love the smell of her new Baby Bee shampoo. It's divine. I want to paint it inside my nostrils.

I like hearing her looking at books after bedtime. Sometimes she talks about them, sometimes all you hear are the pages turning. I love the intensity of her "reading".

She tells me I'm her favorite lovey. She notices when David has mowed the grass. She always says "Daddy's home!" or "Daddy's not here!" when we drive up to the house.

She tries new foods sometimes now. Tonight it was cranberry juice. Last night it was corn from Como, which got a big "yum!" She then proceeded to make a ketchup and corn sandwich, which she insisted was good but wouldn't eat after two bites. I said, "it's not as good as you thought it would be, is it?" She said, "yes it is! It's fine." Saving face at age 3 and a half???

1 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger Helen said...

What an amazing little girl! Thanks for sharing these things about her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home