Tuesday, March 03, 2009

the done list

Sigh. My back hurts. I tried to lie on the floor for 20 minutes today, which is the apparently right amount of time to allow the discs between one's vertebrae to plump back up. It was a long time. I got up at 19 minutes, felt better for a while.

Today the preschool opened 2 hours late. I got back just in time for a phone call about a presentation I'll be giving later this month. Then I paid bills, made a big long to-do list, called a friend, and went out. I treated myself to a salad at Chili's, then spent $$$ at Office Depot on thick cotton "resume paper", printer ink, a day-timer, a folio (?) to take to job interviews (leather-like stiff folder with legal pad on one side), and a couple other small things. Then I went to Wal-Mart for groceries.

At home I read a magazine for a few minutes, then pushed myself to make a crock pot recipe. I didn't feel like cooking, but I knew if I didn't do it tonight, all the things I bought would end up going to waste. It turned out pretty good, a chicken & stuffing casserole. Not as good as it sounded though.

E was really nice to me tonight. No fussing, except she yelled at Kaylee not to eat her baby rag. She told me she was in time out twice today. She said one time was for messing up toys and the other was for running. She even demonstrated. After her dinner we watched ballet videos and talked about dance class. She's eager to learn more now, seems to have crossed some shyness threshold. (fingers crossed)

E also said she misses her Daddy and loves him. "That train trip is a long time!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home